Crypto Currency Tracker logo Crypto Currency Tracker logo
Cryptoknowmics 2022-10-06 15:16:36

MakerDAO Alloted $500M Investment for Corporate Bonds and Treasuries

The community overseeing MakerDAO, the decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) that created the stablecoin DAI, has allotted $500 million for corporate and short-term treasury bonds and US treasuries. The “strategic investment” would be transformed from its overcollateralized stablecoin, with 80% moving to short-term US Treasury securities and the remaining 20% to investment-grade corporate debt. The allocation suggestion, made in late June, received support from MakerDAO’s community. Since the collapse of the $40 billion Terra ecosystem and its stablecoin UST, which sent a blast wave through the cryptocurrency market, stablecoins and their collaterals have been a topic of discussion. DeFi Aims to Diversify DAO’s Balance Sheet Decentralized finance (DeFi) asset adviser Monetalis would start the process. It aims to diversify MakerDAO’s balance sheet into scalable legacy finance investments, minimizing exposure to one asset and extending revenue sources. In a separate statement, digital asset bank Sygnum stated that it is the primary partner in the $500 million diversification initiative. According to MakerDAO, it has already met a $1 million transaction and will complete the remaining investment soon. According to Sygnum, working with BlackRock Switzerland, $250 million would be allocated in the first phase. DAO Lacks Centralized Management DAOs are organizations that lack a centralized management structure and rely on soft...

Read the Disclaimer : All content provided herein our website, hyperlinked sites, associated applications, forums, blogs, social media accounts and other platforms (“Site”) is for your general information only, procured from third party sources. We make no warranties of any kind in relation to our content, including but not limited to accuracy and updatedness. No part of the content that we provide constitutes financial advice, legal advice or any other form of advice meant for your specific reliance for any purpose. Any use or reliance on our content is solely at your own risk and discretion. You should conduct your own research, review, analyse and verify our content before relying on them. Trading is a highly risky activity that can lead to major losses, please therefore consult your financial advisor before making any decision. No content on our Site is meant to be a solicitation or offer.